Saturday, April 25, 2009

What does Sculpting look like?

For some time, people have asked me if I really carve stone. Or do I just make molds and pour some sculpture medium (Industrial Casting Plaster, FGR-85, or eeek!!! concrete) into the molds.

Recently, Jody filmed me cutting into my latest block of stone. She managed to capture most everything except the zen moment of the dust blanketing your vision and the sting of the stone chips as they fly off the stone as it is being abused.

Am not sure if this video will convince everyone that I am sculpting, but it will prove eye-opening for people who live and work in clean environments. The link to my Facebook page is : http://www.facebook.com/friends/?id=776353289&flid=0&view=everyone&q=&nt=0&nk=0&s=0&st=0#/video/video.php?v=73337563289

copyright 2009 Carl Wright

No comments: